Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
surturf

Speakman valves?

surturf
10 years ago

Hi:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been the beneficiary of a ton of great knowledge on this site from bathtubs to appliances & more & thank you all. One thing I haven't seen is a post by anyone who has installed all Speakman in their baths - not just the shower head but the valves & bath faucets, etc.

We're building a small vacation house & it's time to rough in the shower valves. From this site I've learned about the difference between thermostatic & pressure balancing valves. I think I'm ok with PB (Speakman doesn't seem to offer anything else).

We will have one shower/tub combo & one walk-in master bath with rain head, handheld & standard shower fixture. The Speakman thought started as when looking at the Grohe Atrio setup rainhead/handheld setup, I was planning on installing an extra Speakman standard shower head (have had for 20 years, huge fan of them). Thought why not just do the entire thing in Speakman but can't find anything from anyone who has done this - which may be a good thing (no criticism)!

The other product lines in contention are the Grohe, possibly Hansgrohe, Danze. My most important criteria is durability. We have small kids, tons of guests & family & this is a second house - I can live with a little lack of style or features for never, ever having to think about the shower valve again :).

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022