Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Speakman valves?

Posted by surturf (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 9:34

Hi:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been the beneficiary of a ton of great knowledge on this site from bathtubs to appliances & more & thank you all. One thing I haven't seen is a post by anyone who has installed all Speakman in their baths - not just the shower head but the valves & bath faucets, etc.

We're building a small vacation house & it's time to rough in the shower valves. From this site I've learned about the difference between thermostatic & pressure balancing valves. I think I'm ok with PB (Speakman doesn't seem to offer anything else).

We will have one shower/tub combo & one walk-in master bath with rain head, handheld & standard shower fixture. The Speakman thought started as when looking at the Grohe Atrio setup rainhead/handheld setup, I was planning on installing an extra Speakman standard shower head (have had for 20 years, huge fan of them). Thought why not just do the entire thing in Speakman but can't find anything from anyone who has done this - which may be a good thing (no criticism)!

The other product lines in contention are the Grohe, possibly Hansgrohe, Danze. My most important criteria is durability. We have small kids, tons of guests & family & this is a second house - I can live with a little lack of style or features for never, ever having to think about the shower valve again :).

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Speakman valves?

My house was built in 1923. The original shower has speakman valves and shower head original to the house. We had some leaking in the valve about 5 years ago. The master bath which was added on in the mid 90's has delta and has been replaced already with another delta valve. It's slated for a reno and will not have delta again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here