Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window above the bath tub?

Posted by Kathi67 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 9:32

I was wondering what type of window you have above your bathtub? If you have pictures it would be great!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window above the bath tub?

This is the window above our tub.

o

This is the window over the bath from the outside. BTW, our bath is a jetted tub that does NOT have a shower.

o

Here is ours:
Master Tub photo IMG_2207.jpg

o

I have block glass windows above the bath tub.

o

Best part of the bathroom.

o

We used to have a pair of casement windows above the tub.

photo picture010.jpg

During our reno, we replaced them with a pair of doublehung windows.

photo Picture205.jpg

We still have to climb into the tub to raise and lower the windows but it's wonderful being able to open the windows and blinds from the top for fresh air and sunshine while still retaining our privacy.

o

Here's a picture of the reno in progress which shows the windows better.

photo picture002.jpg

o

here's mine

b.View from entry fs photo Viewfromentry-1.jpg

o

I thought I read somewhere that when you have glass near a tub it will need to be safety glass for code. Any comments on that? Did you guys use safety glass. Everyones windows are beautiful.

o

Remember that a window in a tub area needs to be tempered glass for safety reasons. One minor slip, and it can make the difference in a trip to the minor emergency clinic for a twisted ankle rather than one to the emergency room for an arm sliced to the bone from breaking a regular glass window.

o

yes, mine is safety glass

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here