Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kgsd_gw

jeanninepc99, any pictures of your finished bathroom?

kgsd
15 years ago

jeanninepc99, I've seen your earlier posts regarding your tile experience, and I'm interested in similar styles. Would you be willing to post pictures of your finished bathroom?

Comments (13)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Oh, it's beautiful, jjeanninepc99. Do you have any shots showing the position of the chandelier relative to the bath area?

• Jeannine
    14 years ago

I'm going to throw a few photos up here to see if they give you an idea. The chandelier is centered in the "dry" space. So it's not centered in the room, but it's centered if you take the tub area out of the equation.

I also saw these great candle covers online, but they were $20+ per pair. I decided to make my own. :)

During the install (in retrospect, I wish I had gone for four lights, but I had thought that would be too big):

With candle sleeves:

• Jeannine
    14 years ago

I just realized that I didn't post the grout color. I used Latricrete Silver Shadow.

What a job it was to find it! While Lowes carries the sanded, they don't carry unsanded and wouldn't order it for me. No one in my small city (Charlottesville, VA) had it. I wound up driving to Richmond, VA (an hour, not a huge deal) for the grout. The place I went to was a huge place, mostly frequented by contractors. The guys convinced me that I only needed one container of the unsanded for my basketweave floors. I did the whole "are you sure?" thing about three times before I left.

The next day, my tile guy called me at work to say that there wasn't enough unsanded grout. This was all happening at the busiest time of my work year, so my awesome boyfriend wound up driving over to Richmond the next morning at 7 AM to pick up another container of the grout.

I love the silver shadow and am so glad I didn't settle for Delorian Grey, which was readily available.

Don't settle out of fatigue!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for the extra photos. It looks great!

• dinkledoodle
    14 years ago

I love the chandelier. Do you have tall ceilings?

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Hey, jeanninepc99, if you see this, I'd love to know where you got that charming oval dining table--your site gives sources for everything but that.

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

Its so lovely! I like the design and color.

• Jeannine
    14 years ago

Dink, nope. My ceilings are pretty standard - 8 or 9 feet high?

Writersblock, that table is from, of all places, Target! I think it was an attempt to knock off and adapt a Baker table (I posted pictures on that page, comparing the two).

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Thanks, jeanninepc99! You'd never know it was from Target.

• CATHY GRISHAM
    8 years ago

Noticed you did something to cover the candlelabra candles in the chandelier... clever! What did you use?

• Rebecca Freimann
    7 years ago

Is there any way you can remember the model number of your light fixture above your vanity? I am getting the memoir collection as well and have been kiling myself looking for a light fixture. Your's goes perfectly.

• Jeannine
    7 years ago
    I'm sorry, Rebecca, I don't remember. Have you looked at Shades of Light? If you don't see anything on Bella or, that might be a good place to look.