Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
toto dual cyclone or emax flushing system

Posted by sprtphntc (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 9:21

hi all,

i'm trying to finalize my toilet purchase and have narrowed it down to Ultramax II ms604114cefg-01 and the ms854114eg-01.

ultramax has the dual cyclone flush and the other has the emax. was wondering which flush system is best or are they both relatively the same. i do understand the difference in the systems, but question is, is one better than the other. if you prefer one over the other, please state why.

i know the d/c system is relatively new and emax is the gmax with using less water..so confusing and annoying.. why can't they just do the best flush sysem for every toilet...too much to think about for a stupid toilet..ugh

criteria: clear bowl in one flush
no remants left behind
relatively quiet
strength in flush
quality/longevity
ease of part replacement if necessary

if you have any other thoughts or "criteria" please add in if i forgot something.

both have sanagloss and are 1.28 gpf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: toto dual cyclone or emax flushing system

I've owned a Toto Ultramax, elongated G-Max with Sanagloss for 5 years. Never any problems. Added an Ultramax II a couple weeks ago, It has the same features with comfort height and has worked fine thus far and is noticably quieter.

Like the comfort height.

Toto builds quality products so I would not be concerned about longevity and parts should be available through any plumber.

o

My parents have a Drake with the dual cyclone. I think it's a pretty slick concept and it works well.

They also have an Ultramax, and we have an Ultimate and a G-Max Drake, too.

Our Ultimate is the only one of the bunch I've had complaints about. It does its best when you flush and hold the lever down until the trap glugs as the last of the water goes out. If you aren't mindful and forget to do that, it clogs in a heartbeat.

The only differentiator I could come up with (beyond the flush system) is that the low profile one-piece toilets just don't have as much water head in the tank as the taller Drakes.

o

thanks for your responses...
i did write to terry love and he preferred the ultramx II dual cyclone flush, but did not state why, although i asked. so not sure what's up with that..

fyi: terry love has his own plumbing website..terrylove.com

thanks again, probably going with ultramax II, but did not order yet..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here