Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elleninmaine

recommend sink for combo powder/bath

elleninmaine
10 years ago

am planning combo laundry/half bath.

side by side washer and dryer will not be hidden.

sink will be for hand washing and also for the myriad tasks done in a utility-laundry room.

does anyone else have such a sink or have suggestions.
thank you.

Comments (10)

• enduring
    10 years ago

Ikea has a stainless steel one that is a laundry sink. It is 24x24 shaped. I don't remember the depth but it is a deep sink and has an integrated laundry board on the front inside of the sink.

Kohler has some too. Or you could just get a kitchen sink. I linked Kohler's utility sink page for you below.

Here is a utility sink by Kohler that can be mounted in their expensive stand, as shown here, or drop in mount into a counter:

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohlers utility sinks

• crl_
    10 years ago

Is that ikea sink still available? I was looking for it on their website a couple of days ago and could not find it. Google turned up a reference to it having been discontinued as of February? I ask because I would be interested in it for my laundry room if it is still available.

• enduring
    10 years ago

I don't know about the Ikea sink. It was 2 years ago when I was looking. I ended up not being able to use it because I needed a front to back of 18" and this sink is 24, like a kitchen base cabinet.

Of note, my sink that I did use is 18"x18" external dimension and internal depth of 9". It is a soapstone sink that I made, for the purpose of laundry/guest sink. It is a very useful size. I put a nice faucet in and I'm very happy. I have a kitchen sink drain in the bottom.

I have posted this sink so often that everyone is probably tired of it but I will so that you can see the size.

• crl_
    10 years ago

Love your soapstone sink! I'm hoping to update the laundry at the same time as the kitchen and since we won't be diying it, soapstone will be out of my reach for the laundry.

• enduring
    10 years ago

Thanks Crl. I really like the cast iron sink I pictured above, but I think I'd want it as a drop-in, for esthetic reasons. The stand is cute, but maybe a little too unfinished for me.

BTW, I wonder where the OP went :)

• crl_
    10 years ago

Yes, that kohler would be great for a combo powder room-laundry room.

I'm looking for cheaper since it is just a laundry room for me. I'm thinking a stainless steel utility sink because I plan to use it for soaking baseball pants and the like. I really like that IKEA sink because it looks better than the cheap sinks I'm finding elsewhere (well, of course, because it's ikea). Also because it wouldn't limit my faucet choices as much as the other sinks I'm finding. I've been meaning to draw up a plan and post in the laundry forum. . . . Maybe someone's got a great alternative.

Maybe the original poster had a great weekend. ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: Stainless steel utility sink

• elleninmaine
    Original Author
    10 years ago

where the OP went..... probably she is beyond the halfway point to crazy!

thanks very much for suggestions. didn't point out that the laundry/bath combo is in a total reno....zoning board meets tonight. so am researching a zillion topics at once. SINCERE THANKS!

• enduring
    10 years ago

Good Luck to you tonight!

• mainewire
    9 years ago

*OP back almost a year later, house still not finished but new roof, siding, windows, porches done. electrical almost done. plumbing started. oh the tales to tell (or repeat what many, many others have already told!)

*need to take break from kitchen design (overwhelming) so am back to the sink in the combo laundry room./half bath. any new ideas? want to wash out the mop, rinse the doggie's paws, etc but still have sink ook nice enough for guests to wash hands.

*will be in 32 inch cabinet so need to also decide on countertop.

*thank you! ellen in maine

• badgergal
    9 years ago

I have Kohler's Park Falls utility sink in my laundry room. The sink is 21x22 and 12-1/2" deep. It comes with an undermount installation kit. Our sink is in a 26" wide and 30" deep cabinet. Our sink is about 6 years old had still looks brand new despite the heavy use it gets which has included washing out paint brushes/ pans, as well as cleaning miscellaneous garage items. It is certainly deep enough to rinse out mops and easily fill a large pail. You can order it with 1, 2, or 3 faucet holes. I think it could easily serve as both a laundry sink and a powder room sink.

Here is the link to it on Kohler's website:Park Falls sink