Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Keeping the yellow tile, part 2

Posted by debrak_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 9:11

Well the floor is done. The tub was "painted". Walls and cabinet are painted, mirror, lights, toilet installed.

Some surprizes..... Its really warm in the bathroom now. Why? Several layers of vinyl flooring were ripped out and porcelain tile installed. Our central heating is forced air. There is a vent in the toe kick. It warms the tile. Its so warm infact that it seems we didn't need to install the radiant heat under the tile. Might need to almost completely close the vent.

Another surprize is how bright it is. It looks like a light is on all the time. Really surprized the paint color made such a difference.

Here is an odd one...The toilet came with a self closing lid/seat. Great I thought, no more slams. Well it closes kinda slow. Our family is in the habit of closing the lid before flushing so its kind of frustrating.

So here are some photos. It still not finished as there is no shower curtain, just a liner. No artwork, curtains, or decor.

Suggestions, comments?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Keeping the yellow tile, part 2

I love the yellow tile!! The grout is amazing and complimentary to the tile. Is the cabinet paint color staying?

o

The cabinet just was painted. Went from green to SW earthen jug. I think I attached the link to "keeping the yellow tile part 2" Hope it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: keeping the yellow tile part 1

o

Where did you get those lights?!!? Please? The bathroom looks fantastic!
I am glad it is warm!

Thanks, Nancy

o

springroz, DH found those lights on line. We searched for hours! Give me a day or two to find the info on them and I will post it.

Today I'm trying to find a window and shower curtain. Its harder than I thought.

o

Thanks!! I chose some in a hurry at Lowes that are OK, but I love yours! They are similar to what I chose, but with a straight shade, and I like that better.

I really appreciate it!

o

Here is the info on the lights.
From lightingdirect.com

Progress Lighting P2801
Contemporary / Modern Single Light Bathroom Wall Sconce with Etched White
Oval Shaped Glass Shade from the Lynzie Collection
Polished Chrome
$41.22 each

I'm having such trouble finding window and shower curtains for this bathroom.

JCP has some I'm considering. I tried to post them but them don't show up.

o

Thank you!! I will look at iit at HD, since my internet is LOUSY today! Good luck with the shower curtain. Everything is so frou-frou!! Finding one was hard for my hall bath, too.

Nancy

o

It looks great! I love the warmth. Spotted this shower curtain on Pottery Barn and thought of your bath. I have no idea what look you're going for, but the colors might work. They also have a couple more neutral ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: PB striped shower curtain

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here