Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recessed Med. Cab-- You build your own?

Posted by jean61 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 9:08

Please show me your Recessed Med Cabinets...I am thinking I like the look as shown below. Got these 2 pics off of Houzz.com ...but also like the look of it to look like a real picture for decorative feature. What did you do and do you have pics???

Shingle style home in Hanover NH traditional bathroom

Nob Hill Highrise traditional bathroom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recessed Med. Cab-- You build your own?

I really like the first one you posted - I'm saving the pic as an inspiration for the hall bath I'm working on.

Not quite sure my cabinetry skills are up to it - or time, as I'd have to cut a stud and put in headers, and move wires. Well, it's not a bearing wall.

Twelve years ago when I just started DIY, I made one for the powder room - the door is rosette blocks and casing and a cut-down mirror. Screwed the hinges directly to the studs, drilled the studs for shelf supports and painted the stud cavity - it maximized the storage space.

Here is a link that might be useful: powder room medicine cabinet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here