Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower curtain dilemma

Posted by eks6426 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 9:06

I like the look of 2 panels for shower curtains like on a regular window. In looking up how that look is done, it looks like the liner and the decorative curtains go on the same hooks. This means that when the shower curtains are pulled closed to take a shower, the opening is in the middle of the tub.

See photos of the idea here: http://www.gusandlula.com/2012/03/hi-my-name-is-britt-and-im-addicted-to.html

Sounds fine to me, but hubby is concerned that we will get spray out of the center opening.

Has anyone does this? Does it work ok?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower curtain dilemma

What about getting a double rod and putting the liner on the inside one?

If they are both full size curtains, seems like you could just pull the one closest to the water source over most if the way, or all the way, to keep the seam away from the water spray.

o

The liners are usually 54" if to correspond with standard width curtains.

I've been thinking about the double rods but I'm not sure I wanted the added bulk of a double rod, especially since we will likely do a curved rod....

o

Since each side will be full width, just use one or the other pulled closed when you shower. No reason to close them both and there won't be any seam. Then you can have them on the same rod.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here