Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
teak bench on white marble

Posted by mangiamo (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 8:44

Hello

I have decided to use a free standing bench in my new master bath shower. The shower will be tiled in white marble. Should I be concerned that if I choose a teak bench that there may be some staining on the white marble? There has not been a post on this forum regarding this question so I am wondering if it is a non-issue. I know there are some chrome and vinyl cushion benches available and wonder if this is a better option.

Thank you for any opinions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: teak bench on white marble

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg040048398647.html?8

Check out this post - I hope this link works. Someone asking about a teak bench vs marble topped one...

If you really need a bench can you have one built in using your shower tile? It seems that would allow more room inI the shower. Good luck!

o

Another possibility would be a folding teak seat:

Joyce Keshmiry traditional bathroom

These are available from several different makers.

o

I don't think teak would be an issue at all. Redwood or cedar, possibly. But not teak.

o

Thank you everyone. I appreciate you taking the time to give some feedback.

I prefer the freestanding as opposed to a wall mount or built in. I like the flexibility of a free standing. I will give the teak a try.

o

I have had a teak seat on top of a crema marfil bench for years in the bathroom. No staining issues at all.

I sand and waterlox the bench once a year. It looks new again :)

o

We have a freestanding teak shower bench on a very light beige porcelain tile floor and it's been a non-issue. Bathroom is now 2 years old.

o

Thank you pharaoh and youngdeb. Just what I wanted to hear.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here