Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vanity Depth Question

Posted by bullielove (cherij0411@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 8:43

Hi

My current vanity depth is 18 inches with a countertop that has a 1 1/2 inch overhang. The vanity wall that it will be up against is about 22 3/4 depth from back of the wall to door trim.

My question is, can I get away with a 22 inch depth vanity? I am having a hard time finding an 18 inch depth that I like.

Thank You
Cheri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vanity Depth Question

My powder room vanity was built with a vanity that came right to the door trim. That had to be torn out to access a plumbing problem, and the freestanding one I found was just a bit less deep. I like that, but it worked both ways. If that 22 is a 21" cabinet with an inch overhang, it would be okay. If it is 22 and the counter goes into the trim, I think it would certainly not be ideal, but depending on your home and family (older, smaller, or generally quirky home and smaller to average people), it might be one of those things you compromise on. If the counter would actually breech the door opening, it is too big.

This post was edited by lascatx on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 9:46

o

I too have one bathroom that requires an 18" (deep) vanity due to width. The one that is in there is 17"! I think the PO cut the back off, LOL.

I'm going with a Strasser. Strasser Woodenworks offers all of their vanities in an optional 18" depth. They are the only high end company that does (as far as I know anyway).

They cost a bit though. But they give good storage. There are many styles and sizes on the actual Strasser page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Strasser vanity

o

Sure, you can use a 22" vanity. You have 3/4 inch to play with!
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here