Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kkperry_gw

Shower Door Help - Side panel or no? Bar or Pull?

KKPerry
11 years ago

Hello -

I've been spending more time on the kitchen forum during my whole house remodeling, but the bathroom questions are coming up. I've read through the many posting about frame-less shower doors but couldn't find help for these specific issues (lots of help on other questions though - thanks!#

GLASS

We have a 4x6 walk in shower in the Master Bathroom, and will be having a hinged door. Due to the chairrail my husband requested #so we could vary the tile pattern to avoid "boring" beige tile) we now have a challenge with the door swing.

Option A - Fixed panel with hinged door to tile - requires notching the chair rail and will not swing open as fully/stay open.

Option B - Fixed panel and the hinged door attached to a 6" side panel.

We'd prefer not to notch the tile (makes the wall tile pattern awkward outside the glass) but are concerned about the sturdiness of the side panel.

HARDWARE

Any thoughts about having a double towel bar as the "pull". All the pictures seem to show a pull and I can appreciate not wanting to "disrupt" the clear view provided by the glass but functionality kicks in at some point - we have no close point to have full shower bars. Just wondering if someone put in towel bars and regrets the look - hard to find pictures.

THANKS

Comments (4)