Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mhetzel_gw

Bathroom remodel layout help

mhetzel
11 years ago

We are planning a complete gut and remodel of our current master bathroom. I have attached a photo of our current plans, but wanted to get an outside perspective. One of my biggest concerns is the access area into the tub as I feel it might be too small. The other concern I have is the shower, one of our biggest complaints is our current small 3x3 corner shower, and we both would like a much larger shower with seat. I think this new shower will be large enough, but i'm not sure.

Now to explain the current plan a little. Where the vanity meats the tub, will be a half wall, about 6" higher then the vanity. All of the exterior walls have to stay, and the entry door needs to stay on the same wall, but can be shifted all the way left or as far right as the start of the water closet. Currently, there is a wall, about 5ft from the left wall, which we are removing (that area used to be a walk in closet. The water closet currently does not exist, and the shower is currently in that corner. The toilet is currently about where the proposed water closet starts. Due to plumbing, the toilet can move anywhere along the outer wall that the door is located on as that's the direction of the floor joists. The tub is not mandatory, but we do currently have a soaking tub in that location underneath the window. We had considered putting the shower where the tub is, but decided against it due to the window.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. We had hired a interior designer, but to be honest, she wasn't much help.

Comments (3)