Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nbptmomto3_gw

need bathroom lighting source

nbptmomto3
14 years ago

I need to choose lighting. I need two sconces and a bar, that's really it. What are some good online sources? Or if anyone lives in the Seacoast area of MA/NH a physical store suggestion would be good too. Thank you!

Comments (4)

• bobb_2010
    14 years ago

Go to home depot/Lowes see what the different finishes are all about, then csnlighting.com got tons to choose from. Sconces and bars tend to use specialty bulbs, guessing due to their usual low profiles.

• jacobse
    14 years ago

You can either browse online stores, or lighting manufacturer web sites and then get pricing for the ones you like on retailer web sites. there are dozens, and probably hundreds, of lighting manufacturers, with many thousands of fixtures (yes, just for bathroom bars and sconces). Without knowing what you're looking for -- and you may not yet know what you're looking for -- it's hard to point you in any specific direction.

Here are just a few online stores with zillions of selections ad some good tools for narrowing your search by the criteria you want (size, finish, manufacturer, cost, etc.)

Capital Lighting (1800lighting.com)
    Lighting Universe (lightingunivers.com)
    Lighting Direct (lightingdirect.com)
    CSN Lighting (csnlighting.com)

That's by no means a comprehensive list -- just a few that I've used; there are many others. And many broader online retailers, such as Amazon.com, carry lots of lighting, too.

Here is just a sampling of some lighting manufacturer web site you might want to explore:

Tech Lighting (techlighting.com)
    Kichler Lighting (kichler.com)
    LBL Lighting (lbllighting.com)
    Forecast (forecastltg.com)
    Hudson Valley Lighting (hudsonvalleylighting.com)
    George Kovacs (georgekovacs.com)

Again, there are many more manufacturers, and this is just a sampling. You'll find certain companies have mostly contemporary designs, others have mostly traditional designs, and many have lights across all spectrums.

On the guest bathroom were just finishing, and the master bath we're about to start, I think we spent more time going to lighting stores (all over the Philadelphia suburbs_, browsing catalogs in the stores, and browsing online, than on any other piece of the projects. There's just an incredible variety of fixtures out there. Our style is contemporary, and many lighting stores have a very limited number of contemporary bathroom fixtures on display, so we've found it necessary to prowl the books and web sites to see more than what we've found in person. And although we've narrowed in, we still haven't made the decision on our fixtures for the master bath. Maybe this weekend... ;)

-- Eric

• pricklypearcactus
    14 years ago

Exactly what jacobse says. I found a local company and browsed their catalogs. I ended up buying a light from Access Lighting through a local store. (I try to support local small businesses when possible.)

• busybee3
    14 years ago

manufacturer- elk lighting has some nice styles also.