Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need advice on vanity top overhang

Posted by scrapinsal (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 7:38

we are repurposing a cabinet for our master bath and are adding decorative island legs to either end. there are walls on both ends of the 83" long vanity.

We think the legs look better offset a bit from the front of the cabinet frame, brought forward about 1.5 inches rather than flush.

? can I still make the countertop a straight line or is that too deep of an overhang over the drawer and door parts?
thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need advice on vanity top overhang

You might need to post a picture because I have a great imagination and what you are describing sounds ummm well my imagination isn't taking me anywhere nice :P

If your legs are out, are your doors inset or do they sit the standard 3/4 outside of the frame as well? 1.5 is a lot over an inset door style but if the doors are not inset I'd think stretching the 1 inch that's normal to 1.5 wouldn't be bad. I wouldn't do them less than the legs normally...but again I can't imagine what you're talking about...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here