Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best engineered quartz for no burns?

Posted by mjtx2 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 5:34

Trying to decide between granite and engineered quartz in the bathrooms of our new house. I love the look of the quartz for the baths, but unsure about possible burns with curling and straightening irons, which nowadays get pretty hot.

Has anyone had burns on engineered quartz from hair equipment?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best engineered quartz for no burns?

No burns here. I love the quartz in our bathroom. No problems whatsoever.

o

I haven't had a problem with my quartz (Caesarstone) countertop, either. The curling irons are usually designed with an insulated tip and a little rest so that the hottest part doesn't contact the counter. I don't think that you have to worry about it. I have also used nail polish remover on it. It's pretty tough stuff. The only complaint I have heard about it is chipping (more in the kitchen). I would recommend a bullnose or bevelled upper edge.

o

Bullnose or bevelled edge as opposed to a more squared off edge? I'm relieved to hear about its durability. Any other advice on this product is greatly appreciated!

o

I have Caesar stone in my kitchen and have put hot pans on it right from the oven. No problem. It's tougher than granite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here