Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pedestal sink back splash ideas - please

Posted by springvillegardens (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 5:34

We just re-did our small bathroom, floor space is 4 x 6 and shower is 3 x 4, when we removed the old pedestal and installed the new one the wallboard is messed up above the new pedestal sink, you can see in the photo that the tile in the bathroom is a dark slate look tile and the same tile is in the shower

I was thinking of putting in a back splash behind the pedestal sink, what do you think?

should I get some of the small tiles from the shower floor and put behind the sink

or should I try and get a piece of marble to put behind the sink sticking with the white of the pedestal?

do you think a backsplash behind the pedestal sink is good idea or am I crazy?

thanks for your advice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pedestal sink back splash ideas - please

Maybe you could get a small piece of stone and have it cut? That's what the one below appears to be.

o

I would stick with the floor tiles you already have in the bathroom. Maybe bring the tiles up to meet the bottom of the medicine cabinet/mirror if you have enough. Just another added bit of color and chance to use those beautiful tiles. NancyLouise

o

Hi Lotterticket, thanks, oh that does look nice, I'll show it to DH, I posted on my blog and others said the same thing as you suggest.

Hi Nancylouise, thanks, I'm afraid if I add too much more dark tile the room will be too dark looking and we have some large tiles left, but no small tiles

here's a photo of the shower which is slightly darker than the floor

o

I would either fix the drywall, or maybe you could get a piece of marble cut in an arch shape to cover the damage, and that would run the length of the sink.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here