Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NN help with vanity tower.

Posted by lillo (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 2:11

My vanity tower should be 24" wide by 15 " deep . I haven't decided on the height yet . It wil centered between the double sinks with 2 doors . The question is should I make it to open in the middle as one cabinet , or should I make it as 2 separate cabinets so the doors will open opposite to each other ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NN help with vanity tower.

If you open in the middle, the entire interior width of the cabinet is available for use. To make the doors open opposite each other (hinged in the middle), you would end up with 2 separate, but narrow spaces and likely have to use 2 cabinets butted up to each other which will increase your costs (cheaper to build/buy 1-24" cabinet than 2-12" cabinets). With all that being said, I'd go for opening in the middle. If you want separation, you can always add an interior divider later and you can decide on which individual shelves you want the divider to be located.

Hope this helps!

o

Definitely, have it open in the middle as one cabinet. Are you thinking of having two separate 12" towers? I would not do that, you'll be wasting a lot of space, and I'm sure it would be way more expensive. If not, I don't really understand the question, because isn't there only one way to have a 2 door cabinet?

o

Thank you mydreamhome and raehelen for your feedback . Yes Raehelen i was considering having 2 separate towers attached to each other , so I will have mine and my husband has his , and each one will open it his side , like the tower I am copying off of houzz . However , as you said it will take away from the space and will be more expensive . I will just stick with one tower opening in the middle. Thank you again.

o

Why don't you have one cabinet with two doors, with the hinges in the middle of the cabinet? Then you both can easily access your own side of the cabinet without having to reach around an open door. The hinges mount at the top and bottom of the cabinet, rather than to a side of the cabinet.

o

Thank you catbuilder that is a good idea , I like it a lot . I was really bothered by the idea of going around the opened door . I'll tell my contractor to do That on Monday .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here