Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1' white Hexagon Mosaic: Ceramic vs Marble

Posted by travelbug003 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 1:33

This is for the bathroom floor. I posted earlier, debating between marble hex or dark wood tile. Well, my husband informed me that he did not want a dark floor. So now I"m thinking about using thassos (not carrara-too grey) marble hex but found the cost to be prohibitive. Does anyone know of a ceramic substitute that would work with a white carrara vanity top? Has anyone used American Universal's SXG series 1200 matted white? Any suggestion? HELP PLEASE!! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1' white Hexagon Mosaic: Ceramic vs Marble

Lots of companies make a 1" ceramic hex in white -- DalTile and American Olean can both be ordered through any Home Depot or Lowes. IMO, their great-looking tiles for a vintage r traditional look, and inexpensive to boot.

o

I just ordered Dal-Tile's hex ceramic. It's very reasonably priced.

o

I used American Universal white hex tile. Bought white and some black in order to replace some of the tiles with black 'flowers' similar to the original floor pattern we could not save. I have posted about that floor a few years ago, so if you search for Lauren674 you should find the information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here