Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freestanding towel racks

Posted by Northlut (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 1:07

Our new house has a beautifully remodeled master bathroom, but no towel bars on the walls! And it doesn't really have any good places to put them. It's a big bathroom, but there are a lot of windows, a lot of wall space taken up by the large shower, big mirrors, doors into the closet, etc. Very little open wall space.

So we're looking for other options for hanging our towels. Does anyone have a really nice floor-standing towel rack we could set up next to the shower? Any other ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freestanding towel racks

I'm limited in bathroom space also and this drew my attention:

Triple Towel Bar
23" tall, three arm towel bar fits easily behind a door or on a narrow wall. Swivel arms extend 10-1/2", brass is lacquered.

It's available in brass or chrome.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is a link that may help

o

I couldn't find the photo I was looking for, which showed triple on-door towel racks with the towels on them, but what about making use of the back of the door, like this:

McCann modern bathroom

o

Thanks. I also found these, once I realized I need to search for "towel stand" rather than "towel rack:"

Newbury Towel Stand
Mercer Towel Stand

The Restoration Hardware one is kind of attractive because it's available in satin nickel, which would come closer to matching the existing hardware in the room, though I'm not sure how much I care about that.

The thought also occurred to me that it might be possible to mount something on the glass shower enclosure (frameless). But I think it would have to be suction cups or adhesive, because I wouldn't want to try to put a hole in the glass. And I'd even be a little bit hesitant of adhesive, because it might leave gunk behind if we change our minds.

o

I saw this bathroom photo that used two vintage coat racks. Stole the idea for DD2's guest bath, using one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Red White and Blue Bath

o

Check out blog below...first post is full of ideas for where how to put towels.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bath towels

o

Wow, great stuff, thanks AnnieDeighnaugh!

o

Found the image I'd been thinking of:

o

Unfortunately, there is no door on the main part of the bathroom. There's a door on the toilet room (I forget the technical term for that room), but I think towels would look strange there.

o

Found this for my DH who is always cold! I run it through 2 cycles with my robe and it is heavenly to step into. BB&B also has a free standing model as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Freestanding Towel Warmer

o

When you're short on wall space, free standing is definitely the way to go!

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Standing Towel Racks on TowelRACKED.com

o

We have a quilt rack at the end of the tub near the shower door for our towels. It was the only way we could come up with to keep towels close to both and in this humid climate, being able to spread them out makes sure they dry well. I thought about a coat rack, but I was afraid the towels might not dry as well on a hook. We've added a vent over the shower now, but still like the quilt rack.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here