Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain shower head recommendations please

Posted by sochi (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 23:36

We are looking to have a ceiling mounted rain shower head installed, plus a hand held shower mounted on wall. Would also consider a wall mounted rain shower combo. Any recommendations? Any I should steer clear of? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain shower head recommendations please

I have researched several places in our area and decided on the Hansgrohe Raindance 10". Body sprays and handheld are Grohe. This was our first remodel in years and I was totally shocked at the price of bath fixtures, valves, etc

o

Thanks winesnob. I have noted through searches here that Hansgrohe seems the most popular, or reliable perhaps. I just want the rain shower and a handheld. I'm considering a double Hansgrohe at the moment, and yes, I'm in shock at the prices! Perhaps the Hansgrohe rain shower and a separate hand held from a "lesser" make would be more affordable.

o

I thought I had replied the other day--sorry! We have the Hansgrohe Raindance (either the S 120 or S 150--I forget which one, but I think it's the 120). It's the "air" rain head which gives it more oomph than a typical rain-shower head. We have the same shower head in my both main use bathrooms, and both DH and I like them.

The "self-clean" rubber (silicone?) nubs really work. We have moderately hard water (mineral deposits are such a PITA!), and I had noticed diminished spray strength while showering a month or so ago. I reached up, rubbed my fingers over the nubs, and spray strength was restored!

We got all of our bath fixtures/hardware somewhat locally (Hardware Design in NJ), and got good prices (we had gotten our kitchen stuff there as well), but I also saw some decent prices online while researching the stuff we were choosing.

o

We have just the rain head and handheld as well. Our handheld is Grohe and the rain shower is a Moen Velocity. I like the Moen because you can adjust the flow from a typical light rain flow to a more concentrated flow with more force. Which works well for us, since it turned out that my husband likes the true rain setting and I prefer the more forceful one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here