Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peggross1

Anyone have/seen a Robern Fairhaven Med. Cabinet?

peggross1
16 years ago

I can't find any online reviews of this expensive medicine cabinet. I'm willing to pay up for the quality that I know Robern has, but I've seen this cabinet described as being all aluminum construction, but it looks like painted white wood to me, which is what I want.

Also, any opinion as to whether we'd be happy enough with the wall mounted 4" deep cabinet, or should we go with the wall mounted 6" deep version? This is for my son, who will have plenty of vanity storage as well, and no electric inside the med. cabinet.

Thanks for any info!

Here is a link that might be useful: Robern Fairhaven Wall Mount Cabinet

Comments (4)

• homepro01
    16 years ago

My local Expo design center has the Robern Fairhaven on the floor. It has an aluminum interior but the outside is white painted wood. I have been researching medicine cabinets and went to a showroom where they had several medicine cabinets from a few manufacturers including Robern on display. They had several depths on the floor. Originally, I had thought a 4" deep cabinet would be adequate but after testing the cabinet with jars, the toothbrush system and facial cleaning brush that I use, I liked the 6" the best. If I decide to get the Robern, I probably will get the 8" model with the electric outlets and a nightlight. I would do the 8" because I could use one side to store toilet paper for the bathroom.

I am seriously considering another brand called Keuco because I can get one large piece of glass that does not have a break in it. I have a 48" cabinet to put this on. I wish Robern made large single panel glass cabinets but I understand why they don't. The Keuco door is not a swing door but it lifts above your head. It is just over 6" deep.

Sorry about the rambling but I hope that answers your question!

• rococogurl
    16 years ago

We have double Robern 6" deep cabinets inset. I got 6" on advice of appliance guy as they are deep enough to store rolls of toilet paper if you like.

We have the interior outlets and mag glass that can be fixed on the inside door. We don't use the outlets as we also have some on the wall near the sink. But the mag mirror is used often.

Interiors are aluminum. Back of cabinet, and interior and exterior of door is mirror. Excellent hinges.

These are lovely cabinets. The shelves are moveable but the glass of the shelves can be delicate when moved -- one was chipped by the cleaner (I do them now).

I don't have the Fairhaven style -- just the plain mirror doors, no wood trim.

They hold a ton and we have them opening so we have a way to see the back of our heads in the opposite door when open -- very handy.

• elljays
    16 years ago

We have a Robern cabinet (also 6", but just so we'll have the ability to store lots of stuff, not TP) I don't know if ours is the Fairhaven or not...I don't remember a name. When we ordered ours, the dealer had frame samples so you could see the width and color of the frames that were available. We ended up choosing a silver leaf instead of the white. The white didn't match the other whites in the bathroom, and the silver leaf looked nice with the other silvery things in the bathroom (chrome fixtures, silver leaf picture frames, etc.) If you have a dealer near you, you might want to see what's available. In any case, the frames are wood. We love our Robern cabinet!

• peggross1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone. Happy to hear that it is actually painted wood. I'm off to order it now. :)