Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Urgent: Opinions requested on hex tile spacing

Posted by hvhay (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 23:22

Hi all,

The marble hex tile in our master is in and grouting will be happening tomorrow. We went over to look at it tonight and were concerned about some of the spacing between the tiles. I understand that when it is grouted (with a light gray grout), a lot of this will become less noticeable, but I'm just wondering if this would be considered within the acceptable range and if not, if there's anything that can be done to rectify this pre-grout. Thanks for any and all opinions!

hex 1

hex 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Urgent: Opinions requested on hex tile spacing

Don't grout it until you take a look at this thread just down the page. It might answer some of your questions.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Another problem with hex spacing.

o

Thank you Babka, that was helpful and informative. It sounds like there are some options aside from just ripping it all out, which is a relief. We wrote to our architect about it and she said that she too was concerned, so the GC is going to talk to the tile guy about it before any grout goes in.

o

I hope your gc has a solution for you. The tiles look awesome. Could you tell what the tile is? I look forward to seeing the whole bathroom when it is done it looks like it will be gorgeous!

o

Thanks RTWilliams! I've never had such a beautiful bathroom before and am so looking forward to using it. I plan to hypnotize myself into not noticing any possible imperfections. :) The floor tile is 1" hexagon honed carrara. I will surely post photos once it's done.

Yikes! After perusing the bathrooms forum some more and reading about threeapples saga in the "Is my shower floor ruined?" thread, I'm now paranoid about the fact that we are using this same tile on the floor of the shower. Oh well, I have confidence in our GC and know that he will make things right for us in the event of such a calamity.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here