Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best spot for sun tunnel - urgent

Posted by OntarioMom (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 23:20

Hi all,

I need to decide ASAP, hopefully by Monday, where to place a sun tunnel in our ensuite bathroom. There is a window in the water closet, so it will go near the vanity/shower area. Would it be best to centre it in the room in front of the vanity, or centre it directly over the vanity? I don't want shadows to create unflattering views in the mirror (looking in the mirror is frightening enough LOL). Thanks!

Carol

photo ensuiteplanvers1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best spot for sun tunnel - urgent

I'd definitely center it in the room. It will give diffuse brightness throughout the room (which looks huge and amazing, btw!) Your decision on the exact location should also take into consideration placement of ceiling lighting since you'll need that too. Sconces or pendants, possibly with a recessed can or two above, will give you the most flattering and adjustable light at your vanity.

We put a solatube in our water closet because it doesn't have a window... one of our best decisions.

o

Thanks so much for your quick reply, Treasuretheday. I think you are right, centered in the room it shall be. They may come tomorrow afternoon to install the sun tunnel in the roof -- can't wait.

Carol

o

We put two of these in our dining room - the only room in the house without a window. They have made a huge difference! I love seeing moonlight come through them at night.

Enjoy!

o

Can't wait to see the moonlight too. Thanks for your reply annkh.

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here