Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mondragon_gw

Rainshower/handheld used at same time

mondragon
14 years ago

I'm redoing a guest bathroom - a complete gut & redo. We're putting in a walk-in shower and after polling our frequent guests (we live just outside of NYC so there are a number of them) we have the requirement of an overhead rainshower and a handheld which can be used at the same time.

We have this setup in the masterbath shower, it's a temperature control valve and then two simple valves, one each for the rainhead and the hand shower. It's pretty great.

To save some money in the guest bath, we are trying to figure out how to get the same functionality with less hardware and less plumber time. Basically, we want a valve with a built-in diverter but unlike what you get for tub/shower, the diverter would be a gradual switchover instead of a push-button all-or-nothing.

It's a difficult set of requirements to do a web search on - the only one I've found is the Moen 3-function valve, which has this trim:

I wouldn't be unhappy with the Moen (although I'm a little confused, it looks like you can buy valve&trim, or valve, and trim, with the combined package costing more (??)) and the price is reasonable, but I'd like to know if I have other options.

Anyone looked into this?

Comments (6)