Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctkathy

Mirrored Door

ctkathy
11 years ago

I wonder if anyone has used an interior door for their bathroo entrance door that is mirrored on one side. If you have a good source, please let me know. Thank you.

Comments (10)

• dcwesley
    11 years ago

Mastercraft which I have seen at both Lowes and Menards, has a door with a mirror built into one side. It is a spcial order. We considered it, but decided we wanted hardwood maple.

• raehelen
    11 years ago

Kathy,

We are having one custom made from a local door shop. I'm actually going to have mirror on both sides. Was originally going to mirror just the side facing the bedroom for dressing purposes, but then thought I might want a mirror on the inside to investigate areas with some privacy, if you uhum know what I mean? It will have a wood trim all around, so not just solid mirror.

I actually used Craigslist to find the door manufacturer. There are so many in our area, it helped me narrow it down.

• busybee3
    11 years ago

jeld wen which can be ordered at home depot- has a great mirrored door- love ours!

• weedyacres
    11 years ago

We did a mirrored door on the pocket door that goes from the bathroom into the closet. Got it special order at Lowe's.

• bungalowbees
    11 years ago

We installed a mirror in our existing bathroom door to match another original door in a bedroom. The original door style lent itself to an inset mirror which was easy to install.

Highly recommend doing this! Not only handy but lightens & brightens the space.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

I guess it depends on what you want to see and when you wish to see it. We bought this house in the mid '70's when the rage was mirrored closet doors. Instead, we clipped a full length door mirror to the back of a bedroom door for cheap. That is where I am dressed and need to see me full length. Guess, I'm too old to want to see my naked bod in a full length bathroom mirror. Do what works for you. ;-)

-Babka

• ctkathy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We ordered the Jeld Wyn. thank you. No room in the closet for a mirror, no pocket door, no door really--just an openning between our bathroom into the closet with our linen closet just inside. This seemed to be the only place to put a full length mirror and I think it will work out fine.

• anne7
    10 years ago

Have Jeld Wyn on daughter's closet. Beveled edge, lovely.
    BUT, when looking to do in MBR, the un-mirrored 6 panel doesn't match nearby existing door panel style...can't believe there aren't more manufacturers, looks like it'll have to be custom...

• divotdiva2
    10 years ago

Ordered one through a small local distributor from simpsondoor.com; it's a redi-prime French door model 8001 with mirror on one side to be used in a pocket (and to be painted). Now to decide whether mirror goes in closet side or bathroom side. Like Babka, don't necessarily need to see myself getting out of shower every day, just after I'm dressed :-) Door should arrive in next couple of weeks.

• Myra Nissen
    5 years ago

I just ordered one from Lowe's they have a big variety of styles for the reverse side. I got an inlaid mirror on the bathroom side and 6 panel on the other. I had it reinforced at the top to be used as a pocket door. There are many choices.