Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where is your garbage can in master bath?

Posted by onelady1dog2girls (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 22:40

Hi, everyone. We are finalizing our vanity and masterbath selections. One thing I have always disliked in our previous masterbath,, was an ugly garbage can in full view. I could remedy this by putting it into our vanity as a pullout, but I hate to lose valuable storage space with a garbage. We have a toilet behind a privacy wall but the wall to wall space where the toilet resides is like 36"...so with a toilet, not much space for tucking away. Do you have any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where is your garbage can in master bath?

I decided to put mine under the sink with a pull out on the floor of the vanity. I solved some of the storage loss by putting a cabinet over the toilet which is recessed between the studs. I didn't want to worry about hitting heads on a cabinet, but wanted more storage. I can't stand to look at an open wastebasket, so that was my solution.

o

Same here, in my master bathroom i put the garbage in the vanity cabinet. Since i had added under cabinet drawers the storage had become alot more efficient anyway and the loss of space wasn't a problem. In the family bathroom the garbage is out in the open next to the toilet because I don't think my son will open the door to throw something away!

o

we also have it in vanity cabinet... i wasn't necessarily planning it there, but there was no convenient place to tuck it away after remodel and we have plenty of storage space. i love it there!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here