Help me chose my bathroom sinks

nikkidan
12 years ago

Here's the sinks I'm considering:

Kohler Escale..$350+

Kohler Cimarron (approx $100):

Kohler Kelston (approx $100):

Another view of the Kelston:

Seems in our build I'm really liking the square look of things, so I'd like to go with rectangular-ish sinks in the bathrooms. We'll need 2 in the master bath, 1 in the mudroom bath, and 2 in the kids bath.

I love the look of the escale but is it really worth 3x as much as the others?!?! I'll probably put the cheaper, eheh, more economically priced, sinks in the mudroom bath and kids bath (probably the Kelston), but am seriously considering dishing out the extra $ for the master. Will I regret it? Anyone have any reviews on these sinks? Like, dislike?

Thanks

Comments (10)

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Oh I like those--both the escale and the Kelston. Only you can decide if the add'l cost of the escale is worth it to you. Although the escale and the Kelston are quite similar, there is obviously something you like better about the escale (I'm all about noticing subtle differences in things).

In the grand scheme of things, will the extra $250/sink for two sinks for the MB break the bank, so to speak? If not, and if the escale will make you smile whenever you see it in your MB, then it might be worth the splurge. When DH and I did any of our reno's, if the cost of an item was negligible compared to, or just a fraction of the overall cost of the project, and we really liked it better than our other option(s), then we went for it.

We of course didn't do that for every item (we certainly don't have unlimited funds!). Instead, like many others here, saving on "X" afforded us the ability to splurge on "Y."

• Lynne Reno
    12 years ago

Go for the one you fell in love with! It's not like the difference between a $1000 tub and a $4000 tub, in the overall remodel cost it's really not that much. We have undermount sinks and went back and forth between a toto sink and another one for around $100 less, we went with the Toto and have no regrets for spending the extra money. I found the Escale for $333 with free shipping see link

Here is a link that might be useful: Escale Sink

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

Or find a similar one from a different supplier. Someone on here was asking about this supplier:
    mrdirectint.com
    and they have one similar, if I recall.

• tina_ma
    12 years ago

I think the Escale is lovely. Speaking of subtle differences between sinks, the two pictures you posted of the Kelston are not the same sink. One looks like it has 4" centers; the other has 8" centers. If I were going to splurge on the Escale in the MB (and I would!), I would then choose the Kelston with 8" centers so they'd be more alike. Before deciding, I would measure and compare the useful water depth; the Kelston looks very shallow from your pictures. Just my $.02

• lobelia
    12 years ago

We have the Kelston sinks in our master bath and really love them. The rectangular shape is very pleasing. However, they are very shallow so take that into consideration. Doesn't bother us at all since we don't ever fill up the sink.

• bethcw
    12 years ago

I love the Kelston - I wanted the drop-in version for our bathrooms, but it didn't work wit hhte reach of our faucets, which I had already purchased.

Beth

• cathie2029
    11 years ago

How is the splash factor in these shallow sinks. It seems that if youre running water, the shallow depth would cause water to splash everywhere, no? Thanks

• MGDawg
    11 years ago

I haven't used these particular sinks, but I've used similar shallow sinks and the splash back factor drives me nuts. Maybe it's just the guy in me to always turn the faucet on full, but I rarely leave a bathroom without some splash back on my pants or shirt with these types of sinks.

• cathie2029
    11 years ago

MGDawg, thanks that is what I was afraid off. I think I'll go with the deeper sink as this would drive me nuts as well.

• cathie2029
    11 years ago

MGDawg, thanks that is what I was afraid of. I think I'll go with the deeper sink as this would drive me nuts as well.