Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Renovation complete on Budget ... lots of pics!

Posted by rufinorox (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 21:52

It has been over 3 weeks since our Bathroom Renovation, but we are finally complete! Our renovation was right on budget at $3000.00. This was a DIY project, which took 5 days to complete, however last minute touches took a few more weeks. Following are before and after pictures along with item details. For those that have followed my post I'm happy to say I love the color! OR really I have no choice he will not re-paint for a 3rd time. I can live with it. I'm proud of my hubby and his friend - they did a great job.

Shower Tile - Home Depot - Topaz Ice
Glass Mosaic - Italian Foil - Home Depot
Floor Tile - Home Depot - Brazilian Slate
Vanity - Home Decorators.com
Kohler Recessesed Medicine Cabinet - Lowes
Tub - American Standard Americast Tub
Toilet - American Standard Cadet
Lighting - 3 light by Latitude
Kohler Mistos Shower/Bath Faucet in nickel
Kohler Mistos Sink Faucet in nickel
BM Paint - Sierra Hills

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm still hoping to find another picture or glass shelf to hang above the toilet as well as to the right of the medicine cabinet. I haven't found the right shower curtain either.

Any suggestions will be appreicated.

Thanks to all of you who gave me great suggestion especially helping out with color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Renovation complete on Budget ... lots of pics!

It looks terrific!

o

Try amazon

I have some glass shelves from them on order. They had a good selection and good prices

o

Beautiful. You did that for $3K? Congrats.

o

Thanks! Destired- yes we were lucky not to pay any labor.

o

I like the new paint color. Good job. The accent tile is so pretty with the faucet!
Renee

o

Julie - I will take a look online. Thanks Renee I'm happy with how it all turned out.

o

Wow... you accomplished an awesome transformation in only three weeks and just $3000... enjoy!!

o

Nice work!

I do have to say it always pains my heart a bit whenever I see a broken up cast iron tub...

o

Very nice renovation and great choice of materials and color. At some point though I would replace the shower curtain with glass as that will really open up the small bath and make it look much larger.

o

Blondelle - I have to agree! I would have loved a glass door , however it was not in our budget, but am definitely considering it. Thank you!

o

Your bathroom looks great! You made some really nice material choices!

o

Very nice! Amazing budget, too. I couldn't help but feel sad for the old tub and that yellow tile. Mind you, I'd not want to live with it, but imagined someone installing it so many years ago and being thrilled by their bright and cheery new bath.

o

What a great improvement!

You must be so happy every time you look in there.

o

Wow, what an improvement!!!!

o

Thanks to all! I had to make last minutes changes with the choices I made, but I think they all worked out well. I felt bad about he cast iron tub - but it had to go! It seems it must have been a big deal back in the days. Most of our neighbors had the same bath.

I must say I love going in there just for another peek. I can't believe what it was before! And to be able to stick to a budget makes it even better. There are Alot of great choices out there. This site helped with a lot of inspiration pictures and great suggestions!

Thanks to all !

o

Very nice. I love how you did the accent tile.

And I bet the bathroom will be a lot warmer now too ;)

o

It's definitely warmer. I love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here