Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Sapphire Granite w/ Kona Cabinetry? Pics Included

Posted by gdwright07 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 21:48

Hi all. So my wife and I just bought a brand new house and have a number of selections to finalize, one of which is the materials to be used in the master bath. We looked at what they had to offer the other day and came up with the following:
- dark kona cabinetry
- blue sapphire granite
- cream colored floor and shower tiling with a mosaic band running horizontally through the shower.
We thought it looked pretty sharp as we were putting it together but as I got to thinking about it, I grew a little concerned that a) the granite and cabinetry wouldn't work and b) the look in general would be too rich and too dark for a bathroom. Did some research online and couldn't find any suitable examples of what we were trying to pull off. I'm gonna try to add a picture here. Would love to get your thoughts. Can we pull it off? If so, what kind of paint might best compliment the look? Thanks in advance!

Okay, so I can't figure out how to post a pic. The best I can do is upload it online. I get if you're not comfortable following the link...100% safe though, I promise.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/masterbathsetup031212.jpg/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Sapphire Granite w/ Kona Cabinetry? Pics Included

I just started a thread on how to post photos. Please post photos directly into the post. Don't just add a link. You will get more responses to your posts.

o
RE: Blue Sapphire Granite w/ Kona Cabinetry? Pics Included

Here is your picture...

Photobucket

I'm not afraid to go a little darker/richer for a masterbath as long as there is natural light. You'd probably want to stay with a lighter paint color.

I really like all of the materials that you've chosen but I'm a little hesitant about all three together because I'd be concerned that they would be competing for attention. With the movement in the tile and the dramatic granite, I'd probably skip the mosaic. That's what we did in our room because I really wanted my granite to be the showstopper.

You might want to cross post your question and picture in the Home Decorating forum because that's a very active, helpful forum with great ideas. A picture of your room and/or layout would help people visualize your space too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here