Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How many inches of counter is ideal between front edge and sink?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 21:29

I'm looking at the Kohler Devonshire, which comes in two sizes, 18 3/4" x 15 1/4" OR 20 1/2" x 16 1/2". I have not yet chosen our faucets, but here is our vanity, with dimensions.

photo mastervanity_zps91c0ebf1.png

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How many inches of counter is ideal between front edge and si

3-4" from counter edge to sink edge is common. It looks like your sink bases are deeper than the adjacent (drawer?) bases. If so, what are the depth measurements? The way the sinks are drawn in will give too much space between the edge of the counter and the edge of the sink which can make things like leaning over the sink while brushing your teeth a little more challenging. And you can forget cleaning behind the faucets with how close they're drawn to the wall. I would pull your sinks forward to remedy both these issues.

Hope this helps!

o

Thanks, my dreamhome. Here is a photo of our vanity installed:  photo B0AFF033_zps081085c3.jpg

o

We used the Devonshire in our master bath. Our vanities have the deeper sink base than adjacent drawer banks like yours. The faucets follow the line of the bowl-good visual for one of your other posts. Pic attached shows measurement from front edge of counter to sink.

o

That's so pretty, sparkle bread! Thanks for the photo. How deep is your vanity area and what kind of faucet is that, it's very nice?

o

Sparklebread, that is perhaps the 'prettiest' ceramic sink I've ever seen! It looks like a positive reveal that is designed into the sink bowl itself? Have you had it long enough to measure how easy/difficult it is to clean?

I'd also like to know more about the dimensions. ie depth of counter, size of sink... AND depth of your marble, and if it's 3cm, did you also use 3cm thick for your backsplash? Somehow, your sink depth looks less than the counter edge?

Love the visual, as I'm debating a granite BS or to do something different.

o

Wow- I was not expecting the compliments- so thank you both!

I believe the cabinet is 24" deep and we used the 18" x 14" Devonshire sink.

The faucet is Rohl viaggio in nickel. Like it so far.

We have been using the bathroom for a little over a month. Sinks are easy to clean, thankfully!

I am sorry, but I don't know anything about the sink reveal. I guess we got lucky! The marble is 3cm. We used the same marble for the backsplash. I wanted it to be taller than it is, but we ran into an issue with the electrical outlets.

Hope that helps :-)

o

Thanks, that's really helpful. The marble guy told me I could get away with the larger sink. Do you think that would be a tight squeeze?

o

We have two Devonshires - the larger in a guest bathroom and the smaller in the powder room. We will be putting two more in our master bath. Here is a picture of the larger one. The counter is 23-1/2 deep from the backsplash to the front. We have 4" between the sink and the front of the counter. You might consider having your fabricator give you an ogee edge around the sink, as you see here. It looks great with the Devonshire!

photo image_zpsb0116b9a.jpg

o

SS7741, that is beautiful. I'm so excited about this sink now! :)

Do you think there is ample room behind the faucet (not suggesting there isn't, but just confirming)?

o

Apples, there is plenty of room behind the faucets. We have different faucets in each bathroom, and so far no worries. Enjoy!

o

Great, thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here