Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vwhippiechick

Vanity Pic - please help select a faucet

vwhippiechick
16 years ago

We are doing a guest bath simple update - new floor, paint, vanity, faucet, accessories. The tub and toilet stay and are cream colored. The new floor is Noce Premium Travertine from Lowe's. You can see the paint and floor colors in the pic of the vanity. (The bath is just off the hallway from the kitchen and the floor and paint are the same) I need opinions on faucet selection. Please help. Which one goes with the style of the vanity. (The vanity top is cream marble with some mild veining) Our home is an 1800's farmhouse and I like to use items with a classic feel. I like all of these faucets and the difference in price is not that significant.

{{gwi:1415133}}

{{gwi:1415135}}

{{gwi:1415140}}

Comments (14)

• weedyacres
    16 years ago

I personally like the 2nd one down, but that's because I prefer lever handles. For your "farmhouse" I'd probably go with #3 because it's classic looking with a cool snouty spout.

• budge1
    16 years ago

I would rate them just as you have them shown. 1st one goes best - a bit delicate like the vanity and seems to be the right proportions. 2nd one is also good with your vanity but a bit chunkier and a bit more masculine (but not in a bad way). 3rd one (was my fave when we were looking) has too much going on and I think will fight with the other elements. 4th is too modern and masculine to go with the rounder lines of the vanity.

I don't think you could go wrong with 1 or 2. I went with the cross handles cause I love the look, but when I'm cleaning them, I really wish I'd gone for the levers.

• shannonplus2
    16 years ago

I like the second one best, as others said I prefer the lever handles. But also I am concerned that the spout on the first one is too long for the sink shown - it looks that way in the photo, and of course, without measurements given, for both the sink and the spout, it's hard to know for sure. I think the third faucet is too fussy, and the fourth is too modern and crisp-cut (clashes with the vanity which has a lot of rounded touches).

• mrslimestone
    16 years ago

I really don't like lever handles so Im sort of biased but I think the first one is most suited for the room you describe. But they are all lovely.

• paddytc
    16 years ago

I vote for either 1 or 3 with number 3 my favorite. Love the vanity. Can't wait to see it complete.

• vwhippiechick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Another question -
    both faucets #1 and #3 have the white porcelain insets for "hot" and "cold" Will this look okay with my cream marble vanity top?

• sheltieche
    16 years ago

#1 or # 3 are your best fits for the theme look, other twoo look too modern for your vanity style. I would think your sink is white?
    Would not worry about white inserts. It just gives a right amount of clean feel to it. Just my two cents.

• kraftdee
    16 years ago

I like the 2nd big photo. The shape of the spout is what I am drawn to. It seems to go with the shape of the design on the vanity.

• sandra_zone6
    16 years ago

I would go with #1 or #3. I think they match the look of your vanity while the other two are more modern and masculine. I also think the white topped 'hot' and 'cold' handles will tie in with your sink color which appears to be white from what I can see.

Might I ask where you found your vanity?

• whoooooooooosh
    16 years ago

#3 'cos I like the spout!

• suzyrenovator
    16 years ago

Number three gets my vote too. A beautiful faucet for a beautiful vanity.

If you're really concerned about the white H and C on the handles, try checking with the supplier. Those caps should just screw off and sometimes they'll give you the option of having caps that match the finish of the rest of the faucet.

• caligirl_cottage
    16 years ago

Another vote for #3. The first spout is too long for the sink, the second and third aren't the right style IMO.

• wisrose
    16 years ago

I like #2, clean simple lines, lets the cabinet take the spot light. I prefer levers but that is not why I chose #2, I think the others are to over done yet they are still beautiful and they would call attention to themselves versus the cabinet. You also want them to work with the other hardware in the room.

• sharon_va
    16 years ago

I think that #1 would look best with the vanity.