Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tile advice Walker Zanger Gramercy Park

Posted by loladogger (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 12 at 21:14

Can anyone post pictures of their bathrooms using this tile or something similar? I bought the Heirloom White 6x6 at a sale 6 months ago and now I am not sure how to use it or what stones (limestone?) to combine it with for teens' bathrooms! Please post some samples or advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tile advice Walker Zanger Gramercy Park

You won't find any pictures better than on the Walker Zanger site... But here's my kitchen backsplash in their Bone China color in subways with the Somerset painted deco liner.

But, since your tiles are 6x6, any layout based on 6x6's would probably be a more relevant inspiration.

Coffee Bar

This layout below uses 6x6's along with WZ's Mizu tiles, which are similar to the Gramercy Park --
Photobucket

o

Thank you for the pics Sweeby. It does look like the Heirloom White tile is more beige than I expected. Grey seems to bring out more of that "white" look that I want. I purchased Kohler white tubs, sinks and toilets. I want to make sure I can tie it all together without the tile looking too beige. I love your kitchen--how do you like your soapstone--how is it holding up? Thanks!

o

I love my soapstone! Hard to believe, but it's been in 7 years now...

How does it hold up? Well, you quickly learn not to slide things across your countertops, because rough bottom surfaces or small grains of dirt beneath heavy items can scratch the surface. But those scratches can be quickly minimized with a touch of mineral oil, a black Sharpie marker, or if deep, sanded out. In 7 years, we've only had 2 or 3 scratches that needed sandpaper.

The most serious damage has come from screwdrivers dropped point-down, which have left peppercorn-sized divots. Those we filled with a dab of black epoxy (same stuff we used for the slab seams) and they've disappeared too.

Stains? No problem at all. Etching? Never. Heat damage? Nope.

I'd do soapstone again in a heartbeat --

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here