Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjr220

Will your faucet do this?

rjr220
11 years ago

As I work through finding potential products for the bathroom redo's, I have a somewhat weird requirement for the bathroom faucet. I have short hair and frequently shower at night. In the morning I need to get rid of the bed head and like to stick my head under the sink faucet to wet down my locks. Our current two-handle sink/faucet combo allows this, but my husband wants a one lever faucet. Does anyone out there have a one handle faucet that you can stick your head under the faucet without getting caught between the sink and faucet?

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• sloyder
    11 years ago

I would look at the Grohe faucets, they have a couple that may work, also you could get a Grohe kitchen faucet with a pullout spray head (32665001)

Here is a link that might be useful: grohe faucets

• terezosa / terriks
    11 years ago

Or you could dampen your hair with a spray bottle. ;)

• lee676
    11 years ago

yes, and with one handle!

{{gwi:1393574}}

• rjr220
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, goodness, I'm a nurse and I can't even begin to tell you how many body parts that reminds me of.

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

I have long hair and occasionally do the same thing, showering at night and wetting my hair in the morning. I just lean into my shower and use the hand held sprayer. With a towel standing by, it's really not messy at all... and I don't have to contort my body. Might that work for you?

• dekeoboe
    11 years ago

You should be able to do that with any high arc faucet. I can do it with my Danze Parma.

The reason I don't use treasure's method is because then I would have to squeegee the shower. I suppose I could use the handheld in the bathtub if I didn't mind kneeling.

• rjr220
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That's too much contorting in my small bath to wedge myself between the toilet to reach over the tub . . . funny, the Danze is one of those I have on my short list!

• lee676
    11 years ago

> Oh, goodness, I'm a nurse and I can't even begin to tell you how many body parts that reminds me of.

Here I was, thinking those distinctive wet surface sinks were stunningly stylish. I even started a thread about them awhile back. But now you've forever ruined them for me! I'll never again be able to look at these high-end faucets and sinks and not see a hospital bedpan....

• raehelen
    11 years ago

I've been looking for a bathroom pull-down faucet to simplify washing delicate hand-washables. Am thinking I will order one from eBay, as they seem to be 1/3 price and much greater selection that from regular retailers. Perhaps that would work for you too?

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

I look at that Danze Parma and my head aches. We stayed in a hotel that had a similar one, but the sink was so small that the faucet extended out to the middle. Very poor idea. I bent over to spit out my toothpaste and my forehead clunked on the faucet. OUCH! Then when I went to wet my hair, I clunked the back of my head on the upswing. They probably used a kitchen faucet over a small sink. As I recall it swiveled too.

If you want something higher, how about a single handle bathroom faucet meant for a vessel sink? As long as it is way back on the sink you won't hit it with your head when you dunk. I do the same as you every morning, but I use a bathroom glass to pour water over my head as it hovers over the sink, and we have just a regular Grohe Eurosmart faucet. Soon we'll be remodeling and are looking at Grohe Eurocube faucets. Oh, we have undercounter sinks.

Once you discover the ease of a one handle faucet, you might wonder why you needed the other kind. (easier to clean too). I know some folks love to use two handles, but I'm not one.

-Babka