Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Roman Tub Faucet

Posted by dcwesley (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 20:58

I hae ordered the fixtures for the shower and am now moving on to the fixtures for the sunken tub. Currently in the tub deck we have the handles for the tub at the head end, and the spout at the foot end. We want to replace those, plus add a hand held shower. I assume we will need a diverter valve in the tub. Is this usually part of the tub spout?

Our shower fixtures are brushed nickel. I would like to find a tub spout that coordiantes with the shower, is traditional, but a little unique. Any suggestions?

DH is intrigued by the "channel style. Does anybody have experience with these? Do they splash?

I am looking at ones from Newport Brass. Any feedback on quality?

Here is a link that might be useful: Channel

This post was edited by dcwesley on Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 21:50

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Roman Tub Faucet

I got the channel-style Pfizer Kenzo roman tub faucet and handheld and I'm in love with it. Sink faucets too. They splash a bit I guess but you wouldn't notice it - it's a faucet, it goes over a sink or tub - who cares about splashing? LOL. Honestly I can't remember if I needed to buy a separate diverter for the tub suite - I ended up with one extra diverter I bought from Amazon when the remodel was finished. If you go to and put it in a shopping cart, it will tell you if you need to buy a diverter for it.

RE: Roman Tub Faucet

In most of the faucets i've seen the diverter isn't part of the spout, but a part of either the handheld, or a separate button/switch. Personally, I love the wall mounted style, but sadly, those don't ever seem to come with hand showers, and you can't really add a hand shower on to a faucet after the fact... The first faucet on this page is my current daydream for the new bathroom:

Here is a link that might be useful: Symmons Roman Tub Filler with Handshower

RE: Roman Tub Faucet

Beautiful Roman tub faucet! We have an open channel spout style faucet in our powder room and I love it. There's something elemental about the cascade of the water that you just don't get with a regular spout.

The diverter on the Brizo faucet you've chosen is built in to the spout. The rectangle piece that sticks up above the spout and looks decorative is the diverter. You simply pull it up and the water is diverted to the handshower--similar to the setup on many tub/shower combo faucets.

Hope this helps and can't wait to see your finished bath!!!

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here