Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Barn Doors?

Posted by MarthaSINY (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 20:52

I am considering barn doors for my bathroom instead of pocket doors. Has anyone used these? Is there any way to soundproof it so that it is a little more like the soundproof provided by a regular door? I can't use a regular hinged door due to the space limitation.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Barn Doors?

I think barn doors would be wonderful! Of course, I have double french doors on my bathroom.

o

Cool idea. I have double glass doors on mine too, though.
Renee

o

You could put in barn sound effects with the door, that might solve the need for sound privacy :)

o

We've got them on our jack & jill bath. the toilet is in a separate room with a pocket door (assume that's what you're wanting to soundproof), so I can't help there.

o

If it's the 'flimsy' feel of regular pocket doors that you object to, please know that good doors (solid wood) and good hardware really to fix that problem.

If it's the barn door look you're after, I'd think insulating the walls and choosing a solid wood door would be plenty good enough.

And a bath fan would also help mask any noises...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here