Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medicine cab plus sconces - too big for vanity?

Posted by EngineerChic (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 20:43

I purchased a 36" wide vanity and am wondering if the medicine cabinet plus sconces are too large for it. The sconces are 5.5" wide (at the base) and the medicine cabinet I like is 20" wide.

So I'm wondering - how close to the mirror should sconces be? And if the edges of the sconces are a wee bit wider than the vanity edges will it look bad?

I can place the vanity so it is pulled away from the corner a bit, but I'm wondering about HOW to place the lights. Is there a rule of thumb for this?

Many thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medicine cab plus sconces - too big for vanity?

I just looked on the Restoration Hardware site, and there are several examples of the sconces being wider than the vanity. Some appear to be very purposefully placed wider than the vanity, other appear to be just a shade wider.

Here is a link that might be useful: RH bathroom pictures

o
RE: Medicine cab plus sconces - too big for vanity?

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't look there, I only looked at the sconces alone. This is good news, the builder is coming in tomorrow to walk us thru the floor plan (interior walls will be built soon, maybe next week).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here