Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potential Basement Bathroom.

Posted by palimpsest (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 20:18

I know it will be hard to tell for sure from a single picture, but this is the existing basement in a house I currently own.

When I move in, I would like to put a Universal Access bath with a shower in the approximate location of the Dryer. You can see the sewer line going from back to front in the Left hand portion of the picture. I believe the outlet is at floor level by the front corner of the house. It appears from counting blocks that the vertical part of the stack going up is about 8 feet away.

Philadelphia utilizes a Single Stack system. For reference the front wall of this house is At the sidewalk and sidewalk level is approximately at the level of the joist space in the basement. Each side wall is a party wall. I plan an egress window on the back wall of the basement opposite this wall.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potential Basement Bathroom.

Sounds good. What is the question?

o
RE: Potential Basement Bathroom.

Yes, I guess that would help to state a question.

Any potential problems or pitfalls that anyone can think of? I would imagine there would have to be an area of concrete removal over in that corner.

I was thinking of doing a Geberit/Duravit concealed tank wall hung toilet as well.

If I used something like the Swanstone ADA shower receptor with the trench drain and their solid surface surround system, would anyone have a ballpark on something like that ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here