Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A new reno, a new floorplan? Ideas or suggestions, please.

Posted by jrueter (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 20:04

We are getting ready to redo our MBR as it is in desperate need of an update with dated 1984 finishes, and one of the sink faucets is irreparably broken.

I am really wondering if we should just go with essentially the same floorplan, but replace the huge garden (no jets) tub and sliding glass doors with a big shower or try to rearrange things so we can have a separate nice big shower and standard sized tub. I would like to keep the toilet room in that location, and not move any walls, but would be willing to move/add plumbing.

Here is a floorplan as it is currently, except the showerhead, tub faucet and drain are all on the wall between the tub and the toilet room.

I know we need to figure out which way the floor joists run if we are going to rearrange drains. The MBR is on the second story with the top and right walls on the exterior, the others on the interior, with no other plumbing near by.

I am really hoping some of you creative geniuses can help me out. I have a couple of ideas, but not sure how feasible they are, or if it is even worth it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A new reno, a new floorplan? Ideas or suggestions, please.

Where do the sliding doors lead? Do you want/need to keep them?

o
RE: A new reno, a new floorplan? Ideas or suggestions, please.

Oops! Those are small windows, high on the wall. They are maybe 7 ft off the ground and short vertically but long horizontally. It would be great to keep them as they are the only windows in the BR. They can't be made taller like a standard window because of a roofline on the other side of that exterior wall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here