Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrueter_gw

A new reno, a new floorplan? Ideas or suggestions, please.

jrueter
10 years ago

We are getting ready to redo our MBR as it is in desperate need of an update with dated 1984 finishes, and one of the sink faucets is irreparably broken.

I am really wondering if we should just go with essentially the same floorplan, but replace the huge garden (no jets) tub and sliding glass doors with a big shower or try to rearrange things so we can have a separate nice big shower and standard sized tub. I would like to keep the toilet room in that location, and not move any walls, but would be willing to move/add plumbing.

Here is a floorplan as it is currently, except the showerhead, tub faucet and drain are all on the wall between the tub and the toilet room.

I know we need to figure out which way the floor joists run if we are going to rearrange drains. The MBR is on the second story with the top and right walls on the exterior, the others on the interior, with no other plumbing near by.

I am really hoping some of you creative geniuses can help me out. I have a couple of ideas, but not sure how feasible they are, or if it is even worth it.

Comments (2)