Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower Heads

Posted by dcwesley (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 20:00

We have been forced into a complete redo of our Master Bathroom. The custom built shower has been leaking and soaked the studs and floor joists. I am usually a meticulous planner, but the demo is done and I am trying to make decisions at the pace of our contractor.

We have a mid-size shower - roughly 5' x 3'. We had a shower head at each end. I am looking at installing the Moen Velocity 2-function rainshower attached to a 14" Waterhill shower arm.

I have a couple of questions.

First, I would love any feedback on using these as our only shower heads. I have never used a rainshower. Will there be enough force / pressure to rinse well, especially shampoo from long hair?

In the old shower with "traditional" shower heads, we could reangle the shower heads, useful because my husband is more than a foot taller than I am. Can the angle of rainshower heads be adjusted?

Any comment on the durability of the finish of these faucets?

Thank you for your help. My kitchen is a joy to use every day, largely due to all the help I received on gardenweb.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen Velocity

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower Heads

dewesley: "I am looking at installing the Moen Velocity 2-function rainshower attached to a 14" Waterhill shower arm.
. . .
I would love any feedback on using these as our only shower heads. I have never used a rainshower. Will there be enough force / pressure to rinse well, especially shampoo from long hair?"

Good choice.

After a series of frustrations with heavily promoted shower heads, we replaced our shower head with a Moen Velocity (model 6320) a couple of years ago. Ours is at the end of a (double jointed) arm, also. What an upgrade! It is the BEST shower head I have ever seen or used, anywhere. You made an excellent choice. The Moen 6320 significantly improved the flow from our less-than-optimal water pressure to a flow sufficient to provide a satisfying shampoo rinse.

"In the old shower with "traditional" shower heads, we could reangle the shower heads, useful because my husband is more than a foot taller than I am. Can the angle of rainshower heads be adjusted? "

It certainly can be adjusted if your mounting arm has two joints.

Here is a link that might be useful: A double-jointed shower arm (like ours)

o

Thank you so VERY much.!! I can move on to the next decision.

o

I have the same Moen Velocity shower for a couple of years. It was a good choice; to this day we haven’t had any problems with it. My opinion is that you made a good choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here