Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom- tiling floor and walkin shower..use same tile or not

Posted by newfielou (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 19:42

I am building new and trying to figure out what to do with the tiling. We will have a 60 x 36 walkin corner shower. The vanity is espresso with a granite top, see image. Im trying to figure out what color to go with for my tiles and whether or not to go with the same throughout or change it up. We are going with the larger rectangular tile,12x24. What do you think? Feeling overwhelmed...:(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom- tiling floor and walkin shower..use same tile or no

This is the vanity color and style we have bought.

o

12x24 slate-look (charcoal gray) porcelain tile would look nice. Running Bond pattern.

I would use a much smaller-format version for the shower floor, though--more grout lines=less slippery.

o

Instead of matching your shower floor tile to your other tile maybe you should consider matching your shower floor to your granite. We used the same granite as our countertop for our shower base. It's an option that may be a little pricier but it has definite advantages. There are no grout lines, no mold or mildew, it is guaranteed (at least ours is) not to leak, it has a low threshold, and installation is faster. Ask your fabricator if he does stone shower pans/basins.
The link below is for the company we used but I am posting it just or basic information.

You can see most of our stone shower pan in the picture below:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone shower pans

o

No we have the acrylic base for our shower, no tiles there. Just the wall in the shower.

o

What are the dimensions of your bathroom? If you have a fairly or small large bathroom, keep the scale in mind. You might want to use a straight lay on the floor in a medium tone color, then use the tile in a vertical running bond in the shower. You could add an accent band of small tiles in the colors of your granite running horizontally near the top (gray, cream and black would look nice or use espresso in there somewhere). Too much off-set (i.e., running bond) visually confuses or overwhelms the eye I think, especially in a small space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here