Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctkathy

Help with soaking tub--deep with long basin

ctkathy
12 years ago

I've given up the idea of a Japanese soaking tub and am focused on selecting a tub that is 6' long and hopefully 36-38" wide. The length of the interior basin has to be at least 47". I would like as much depth up to the overflow as possible and certainly 17" would be the minimum I would want to consider. We could do freestanding or tile in--no preference.

I have looked at quite a few brands examining specs for each possible tub. We are trying to keep this item around 2K or around about that figure more or less and I'm not really interested in an air bath.

The brands I've narrowed it down to are Aquatic, Oceania, MTI and Americh and within these brands I have found a few options. I haven't explored the Hydro System or Maax yet. Kohler doesn't have anything comfortable, Jacuzzi isn't working along with several other brands.

Are these all good quality brands? Is one better than the other? I hate to select a tub without trying but with our limitations that might have to happen.

If you have a tub that you love that is at least 47" long in the interior basin and 17 deep to the overflow and you are happy with it I would be very, very grateful for the name of your tub. It seems that we really cannot go any further until we get this tub decision out of the way.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!