Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Most elegant size tile for master shower?

Posted by alizacf (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 18:59

I am putting in a new shower in my master bathroom, not on the big side. There will be white and pale green marble mosaic on the shower floor and niche. The rest of the shower will be tiled in white, I am just unsure what size to use, 4x12, 4x16,8x20, 12x24? Which is most elegant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Most elegant size tile for master shower?

I just got the drawings back on my master bathroom for the tile work. My shower is only 5'6" by 3"6", we have crammed all that we can into that space, the tiles are 18" X 18" statuary (honed) offset, with base tiles around it. We are doing a basketweave in the floor. I really like the off set look.

o

Elegant modern? Elegant traditional?

With a white and pale green marble mosaic, I'm suspecting something more traditional, and would suggest subways if that size were listed...

How would you lay them out?

o

I am doing a master shower, like a basket weave marble mosaic on a large panel, then the large format subway tile in white, matte, 4x12. 2x2 grey slate tile on the shower floor. would love suggestions on how to lay out the white tile!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here