Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharkgirl2000

Can we please take a minute to thank the awesome pros?

Iowacommute
11 years ago

I was just reading Raehelen's thread, but I didn't want to hijack it. But can I sing the praises of Mongo and Bill? I'm usually on the kitchen board, but have been lurking here for a while. Mongo and Bill are excellent at explanations and are non-judgmental. Believe me things can get heated from time to time on the kitchens board. Maybe it's too much estrogen, but sometimes I just need a break.

Mongo I just read through your big shower post from a couple of years ago, and it was great. We're going to build our home in a couple of years on the family farm, and I plan on doing the bathrooms. DH isn't as confident in my ability, but he knows I know more about waterproofing the shower than he does because I've corrected him a couple of times. : )

I just wanted to thank you guys for being awesome, and I have learned so much. Thank you for spending your time on here to help us know how to do a proper job.

Best~Iowa

Comments (22)

• enduring
    11 years ago

I'll second that awesome thanks!!!

They both have been so helpful. I could not have done what I've done if Bill didn't tell me how to prep for the floor tile. And Mongo helping me with the layout and other details of installing tile, and for that great thread on shower plumbing configuration.

• MongoCT
    11 years ago

Oh you two are most welcome. I truly appreciate the kind words.

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

I completely agree. We are very fortunate that they are not only knowledgeable but also very generous with their time and advice. Even questions that come up frequently are usually answered thoughtfully and in great detail... even when it would be understandable if they just referred to previous posts on the subject. I've often thought to myself how patient they are to field the questions that those of us with less experience can come up with. I'm sure I'm not alone in bookmarking many of their tutorial posts.

Thanks very much, Bill and Mongo, and the other forum members who make this such a great place to learn!

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

YES!!! Thank you to you both!

It really is interesting to me, that I feel comfortable putting a question on this board and confident in the answers given by Mongoct and BillV. I'm not ordinarily a very trusting person, but it is very clear in their answers, they know what they are talking about !

It is SUCH a resource.

Thank you very much.

(I felt the same way about LazyPup on plumbing forum, and have missed his answers the last month or so. RIP Gardenweb isn't what it is without the pros.)

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

They ARE awesome!!! :)

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Yes! THANK YOU! Such a generous place.

• crl_
    11 years ago

Oh yes! I really appreciate the willingness to answer question after question after question so thoroughly and kindly.

• shanghaimom
    11 years ago

Here, here! Ditto on all the above.^ Two of GW's most precious resources.

I have not been doing any DIY lately but I do read through this stuff to sort of double-check that our subs are on the ball. Always so thorough, patient, kind and clear.

Thank you!

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

yes, thanks so much! you guys are some of the greatest assets on GW! i always find your posts super helpful and have learned so much!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Yes, absolutely. I'm always so impressed that anyone with work as grueling as you guys do is still willing to take the time to come here and help out. Kudos to you both.

• Karenseb
    11 years ago

The pro's posts and all of the helpful DIY"s questions and answers have been really helpful and a lot of fun to follow. Thanks!

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

I would like to say thank you too. Not that we do any DIY, but it's great to know we have resource to ask technical questions. So useful and reassuring.

Thanks guys!!

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

I would like to say thank you too. Not that we do any DIY, but it's great to know we have resource to ask technical questions. So useful and reassuring.

Thanks guys!!

• Gina_W
    11 years ago

Thank you both for continuing to contribute to the forums, spending your time to help. Otherwise it would be a lot of the blind leading the blind, LOL!

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

Absolutley! So very thankful for their insight, technical advice and honest opinions! Our project was not DIY, but I still felt vulnerable at times and both Bill and Mongoct chimed in when I sent out a distress call.

• LE
    11 years ago

It's all been said above, but yes! So helpful.

• bill_vincent
    11 years ago

Thanks, but Mongo's the one here day after day. Over the last year or so, I haven't been able to spend even CLOSE to the time I used to, and even now, I pop in when I can, but it's not near enough. Thank God Mongo can take up my slack!

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

I agree with the other posters, I have learned so much from Bill V and Mongo I can never repay it. I truly appreciate your willingness to share your expertise and inspire us to achieve. Thank you.

• Terri
    11 years ago

Absolutely! What I've learned here is making our whole house remodel easier. Still incredibly stressful mind you, but hopefully the mistakes will be at a minimum after all the shared knowledge here!

• raehelen
    11 years ago

Thanks Iowa,

for posting this...though I wouldn't have minded you hijacking to give credit where it is so definitely due. I think Bill V, and in my case particularly Mongo, know how grateful we are for their amazing generosity of time and patience. But, I'm not sure if they realize how instrumental they often are to the actual progress and or completion of our projects.

I have been researching and planning this reno for years, and though we finally began demo a month ago (DIY on a slow timeline), I just couldn't make any final decisions, and once Mongo so clearly explained to me how to go about getting started on our shower, it was like a huge load was lifted off my shoulders. Things are actually falling into place, and just last night I was telling my DH, (who may be getting sick of hearing how wonderful Mongo is :>), that thanks to Mongo, I now can let him finish demo (goodbye toilet and sink---arghhh), and let's get this 'baby started'!

Thanks guys so much, and FYI just yesterday came across a file I had saved march 14 2008 (so guess it's been over 5 years...).."showerheads by Mongoct" LOL

• jrueter
    11 years ago

I will chime in too with thanks for all the pro's here!! Bill V in particular helped me a great deal when I first found GW years ago during a kitchen reno. Now I find myself back as we contemplate a master bath project, and appreciating their help more and more. Just reading the issues others run into and the advice these guys give helps me ask the right questions. And believe me, when you start quizzing your tile guy on which grout they will use you quickly find out if they are up to snuff or not! :) The things I learned from these guys (and everyone else at GW) gave me the confidence to act as my own GC on my kitchen and tackle some smaller DIY jobs.
    Thanks again for all your patience, diligence and freely offered knowledge. You really are empowering us to build HOMES we love.

• MongoCT
    11 years ago

You kids are great. Thanks again for the kind words.