Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aok27502

Source for replacement cabinet doors for vintage bathroom?

aok27502
10 years ago

I am renovating my father's house for sale. We have decided that the "vintage" 1963 bathroom with the mint green tile and green fixtures will stay pretty much as is. As the realtor says, "you're either all in or all out." We don't want to do a complete redo, so we'll spruce it up and see what happens.

I need to replace the cabinet doors. They have a diamond shaped metal grill in the middle, which are not in good shape. I would like to replace them with solid doors, without the decoration. I believe they are termed lipped doors (please correct me if I'm wrong.) They are 3/4" thick, and about half of the thickness fits into the hole in the frame. They are and will be painted.

I have looked at Scherr's and Barker cabinets, and the Cabinet Door Shop, and have done a site.ths search on Google for threads with sources. I didn't find much.

I can use partial overlay slab doors if it comes to that, but I am hoping to find the original style to keep the vibe going. If anyone knows where else to look, I'd be most appreciative.

Comments (4)