Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need robe/towel hook for frameless shower

Posted by Jewel654 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 18:09

It seems there is one robe/towel hook design out there, and it's ugly.

Does anyone have a website of frameless shower hardware to recommend? I'd really like to hang a towel or a bathrobe on the glass panel next to the shower door on my frameless enclosure.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need robe/towel hook for frameless shower

Your only choice if your shower glass is already installed, is an over the top hook, or a Command Hook that sticks on. Those come in several styles/finishes, and if you keep a towel on it you won't see it. ;-)

Otherwise there are are several thru-the-glass ones that come in different styles and finishes, and you can switch them out as all the ones I found required a 1/2" hole. That hole needs to be drilled BEFORE the glass is tempered and installed.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: CRL Shower hooks

o

Hi, Babka -- We haven't ordered our enclosure yet so all options are still possible. Where have you seen the thru-the-glass ones that come in different styles and finishes?

o

Sorry -- I just re-read and saw the link. Thank you. Those are the ones I've seen, too. I'm hoping someone here will know of a source for less contemporary/industrial looking hooks. :)

o

Here are some fancier ones. (Link below) Google searches for designer shower door hooks and you will get even more. My bathroom is contemporary and I really like the minimalist ones.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Fancy shower hooks in different finishes

o

Thanks! Those are more in line with what I am looking for. :)

o

o

Thanks, fnmroberts! Your shower glass configuration looks amazingly like what I'll be getting. I see that you used the u-channel on the side piece and the piece on the front (which is where I'm planning to put the hook, too). It also looks like we have the same tub filler (Moen Brantford by chance?)

o

Jewel654 -

I'm not certain the model of our tub filler but it is Moen. When we updated the master bath we decided not to change the tile (housing market didn't justify the added expense) and because tile has been installed against the tub access panel we could not change the faucet. So, we ordered new handles and spout to fit the existing filler.

Our glass installer HIGHLY recommended the U-channel since we did not have a groove for the glass. We selected 1/2 inch glass for its' additional heft which added to his strong recommendation. Also note the small corner piece to secure the corner at the very top. In our opinion it doesn't spoil the look. No leaks. Good luck with your remodel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here