Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions please - Black vanity with white medicine cabinets?

Posted by jacduf (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 17:52

Hi All
I've been scouring the web and can't seem to find any pictures of a black vanity with white medicine cabinets. I would go with black, but the only dark ones I can fine are 'Espresso' which are a very dark brown.
Anybody have any pictures of this combo, or seen it somewhere and can offer your thoughts on how it looked? Worst case, I will have to paint them black. I know Restoration Hardware have black, but I'm in Canada and cost is out of my budget.
This is the vanity:
http://www.costco.ca/Browse/PopupViewer.aspx?prodid=10303668&whse=BCCA&cat=20331&lang=en-CA

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions please - Black vanity with white medicine cabinets?

What if you got white ones and painted them black? I think it would look nice.

o

Have you checked on Houzz.com for images of your black and white scheme?

o

Thanks for your opinion smcoxl. I think that may be the way to go as I've checked on Houzz (thanks for the suggestion enduring) and haven't seen one sample (which probably tells me something!)

o

Not exactly what you are looking for, but might help you visualize...

Oops, thought this was white, but it's silver.

Have you found any medicine cabinets that are mirrored all the way around?

Mallin Cres - Master Bath contemporary bathroom

o

Black and white can look really great together. Although my situation isn't exactly the same, I used black and white in a bathoorm. You can check out pics here; maybe it will help you visualize what black and white look like together...

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to home dec post

o

Thanks very much aa62579, the first picture really does help me to visualize that maybe it will look okay.
Andreadeg, thanks for the link to your bathroom. So nice! I think your white-framed mirror looks great with the black vanity.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here