Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

What tile for shower walls and floor in tiny bathroom?

juddgirl2
10 years ago

Hello all,

I'm hoping you have suggestions for what tile I should use for the floor and walls of a very small shower, in a very, very small bathroom (as in, we're using the former closet space for the new bathroom!). It's a project we started many years ago and are finally getting around to finish.

It's a budget project (not counting the $900 permit fee - ouch!) because it's a third bathroom and we're planning on selling the house within 1-2 years. I want it to be nice enough to sell, but not spend too much money - we still have to finish the master bath too!

In all, the bathroom will be around 4' x 9', and the shower space is approximately 33" x 44". My vision is to have a bright, clean space using white and cream colors, to hopefully make it seem larger. We'll probably use the same SW Antique White trim we have in the rest of the house and perhaps Antique White or Dover White on the walls. The toilet and pedestal sink are bright white.

For the floors, I'm using the same 8"x12" polished ivory travertine floor tiles that we have left from our other bath remodel (shown below). For the shower walls, I was thinking of using white ceramic subway tiles like I used in the other bath, although perhaps in a larger size than 3"x6" to save DH some labor and perhaps make the small shower look less busy. Should I go larger on the wall tile?

For the shower floor, can you suggest a white porcelain or ceramic and/or ivory travertine mosaic that might work? We bought our other tile at the local Floor and Decor and were very satisfied with the quality for the price.

Using this travertine for bathroom floor:

This subway or larger tile for shower walls?

Comment (1)