Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom layout help

Posted by terri0826 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 17:44

Well we finally have a rough floorplan. Here are a few details about it all..... this is a gut reno, a few things we have to work around. The odd 5x18 storage room behind the bedroom is where the original crawlspace and attic access are. I opted to make this storage so I don't have it under the bed.

The closet and bathroom space are new addition, and we are adding 9 feet onto the bedroom. This is corner space so the windows will look out onto wooded acreage.

Hopefully our inspiration pic from houzz will post :)

There will be a fireplace with a tv above in the tub alcove and a 6' window looking out. Here is what we've come up with so far,

photo MBath2_zpsdb2179a4.jpg

Another 2x3 window between the makeup vanity and shower and there will be a towel warmer below it.

I would love any input and ideas, especially if you see something that we will be sorry for afterwards!

Oh and the window in the bedroom will be the same size with a window seat underneath and built in cabinetry on either side, one side being the tv.

Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom layout help

bumping for any possible input :)

o

Ok, I'll play! More ideas is always better :-)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

If you must have a door on the toilet area, make it swing out for safety.

o

If you must have a door on the toilet area, make it swing out for safety.

Or a pocket door!

o

Thank you williamsem! Very interesting take on it. I like it, will show DH and GC this morning.

We talked about doing a pocket door, but didn't ding that inswing door wasn't good.

And williamsem what app did you use for this? Looks very handy.

o

You're welcome! I'm no expert, and without grid lines the measurements might be a smidge off, so definitely might need some adjusting here and there. I figured with a tub set up like the one you posted, might as well go all the way! I thought some French door would look nice, but they take up a lot of space. Lateral hinges are nice and might work very well here to get a grand feel with nice doors. Having a door open in to a seperate toilet area can be a safety hazard if someone falls against it - wont be able to open the door to get them out.

I use Upad on my iPad for things like this. You have to save the pic, then open upad and upload as a background. Brush white over what you need to write over, then add what you want to add, zoom in to write so it can be read. Take a screen shot, upload to photobucket, and post.

Much easier than when I used to redraw on graph paper! Though it doesn't look at nice. I love upad though because you can take notes at meetings as well as write on documents or slide sets for notes. That's why I got it originally.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here