Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would chrome or nickel faucet be ok on bronze footed clawfoot tub

Posted by jkoebnick (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 17:41

We have a Barclay clawfoot tub with oil-rubbed bronze feet. Would it look best to stick with oil-rubbed bronze faucets? Or can I use chrome or nickel?

Also, I have this exposed brick wall. What tile would mix well with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would chrome or nickel faucet be ok on bronze footed clawfoot

Here is what the tub feet look like.

o
No response to my last post...how about this question...

So I made decisions on my faucets. Now I need help with tile. What tile would you recommend to compliment the exposed brick wall? This is our basement bathroom. We may be acid-washing the concrete floor but would need tile for shower.

o

Doesn't look like a lot of traffic here....maybe you should try posting this in the remodeling forum? What did you decide about your faucets? Sorry, I don't have a tile suggestion as a lot of my tile decisions did not turn out well, so I don't feel qualified. Good luck with your remodel.

o

What sort of look/vibe are you going for in your bathroom? Other design choices you've made so far, so we could suggest something that would coordinate?

o

I think nickel or chrome would look great with your brick and look fine with your bronze claw feet - love your brick.
We are putting in a new bathroom (kind of craftsman style) and are using Crossville Color Blox - it seems to have sort of a vintage look and might work for you.

o

The look we are going for...well, probably eclectic. We have the clawfoot tub (that we had), the exposed brick wall, exposed spiral heating ducting on the ceiling. I have a frosted glass vessel sink on a vessel stand that has iron legs and a gray concrete top. We ended up going with chrome faucets that look a bit more modern. The concrete floor will be acid washed. So now we just have to pick out tile for the shower.

Archie123, we have Crossville tile in our kitchen and I love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here